Women of Influence Awards 2019 Terms & Conditions
Submission of a nomination, or consent to proceed to nomination, constitutes acceptance of the following terms and conditions.
To be eligible to enter the Women of Influence 2019 Awards (the “Awards”):
Candidates must be women who are currently living in New Zealand and are either New Zealand citizens or permanent New Zealand residents. Candidates in the global category must be a New Zealand citizen or a permanent resident, but can be based overseas;
Candidates must not be judges or direct suppliers of the Awards;
Candidates must be aged 16 years or over as at Monday 15 July 2019;
if entering the Business Enterprise Award, the business the Candidate is employed by must have been operating for at least 36 months as at Monday 15 July 2019;
if entering the Young Leader Award, the Candidates must be aged under 25 years as at Monday 15 July 2019; and
Candidates who were category winners in the 2018 Women of Influence Awards cannot enter the same category in the 2019 Awards.
Employees of Westpac New Zealand Limited (“Westpac”) or any entity within the Westpac Group, or Stuff Limited (“Stuff”) or any entity within the Stuff Limited group are not eligible to enter or be nominated in these Awards. Employees of sponsors may only enter categories other than the category their employer sponsors.
A Candidate must be nominated by a third party. The third party submitting the nomination must obtain the consent of the person they are nominating prior to submitting the entry form. Following submission of the nomination, the Candidate will receive an email requiring them to confirm their consent to nomination, including (a) their agreement to these Terms and Conditions; and (b) their agreement to their referees being contacted for verification purposes.
Nominations open on Monday 20 May 2019 and close at 11:59pm, Monday 15 July 2019.
Nominations must be submitted in accordance with the instructions set out at womenofinfluence.co.nz and on the entry form, along with the relevant information detailed in the entry criteria and category descriptions at womenofinfluence.co.nz
A Candidate may be nominated in multiple categories but may only submit one nomination in each category.
The judging panel and its representatives reserve the right to verify nominations in each category, for example, by requesting further information or by contacting referees.
The winners of each category and the overall winner will be announced on Thursday 24 October.
The judging panel reserves the right to make a special award that falls outside the prescribed categories, where, in the opinion of the judging panel, a candidate merits recognition not covered by the prescribed categories.
The judging panel reserves the right not to make an award in a category.
Additional information not forming part of the entry form should be clearly marked so as to indicate which portion of the entry form it supports.
Information provided in entries (including any photo provided) may be made publicly available and may also feature in Stuff editorial coverage from May through to November 2019. By providing a photograph in an application the Candidate warrants that they are either the owner of the photograph or are authorised to provide the photograph for use in relation to the Awards. Candidates may be contacted for editorial coverage by Stuff and agree to participate in any interviews conducted by Stuff or other media coverage.
Category winners agree to make themselves available for publicity purposes relating to the Awards, including without limitation participation in the promotion of the Awards for the following year.
All decisions made by the judging panel are final and no correspondence will be entered into.
Stuff and Westpac accept no responsibility for late or incomplete entries.
The entry, judging and award process is managed by Stuff and Westpac.
For enquiries about eligibility or other questions relating to the Awards, please contact email@example.com
TERMS & CONDITIONS - Tickets Sales and Participation
1. Stuff Limited (“Stuff”) and Westpac New Zealand Limited (Westpac) are co-partners in presenting the Women of Influence Programme including the Women of Influence Awards and Women of Influence Speaker Series. By purchasing a ticket to attend a Women of Influence event, you (“the Participant”) acknowledge and agree that these terms and conditions (“Terms”) apply to your attendance of an event.
2. If you wish to attend a Women of Influence event you will need to visit www.womenofinfluence.co.nz and complete the purchase of your tickets. Tickets for events are subject to availability and are available on a first in first served basis.
3. Any refund of the ticket price is at the joint discretion of Stuff and Westpac. No refund or exchange on tickets will be given, except as required by law, within 10 days of the event. Credit card fees and service fees are non-refundable.
4. Stuff and Westpac reserve the right to charge a fee for the replacement of tickets. Entry may be refused if tickets are damaged or defaced in any way, or are not purchased from the official website.
5. When you are on-site at an event venue, you are required to adhere to all instructions from venue and event staff. Stuff and Westpac reserve the right to remove any participants who do not adhere to instructions from venue and event staff members. It is a condition of entry that a search of person and / or their possessions may be required at the time of the entry and / or exit to the venue.
6. Tickets may not, without the prior written consent of Stuff and Westpac, be resold or offered for resale at a premium (including via on-line auction sites) or used for advertising, promotion or other commercial purposes (including competitions and trade promotions) or to enhance the demand for other goods or services, either by the original purchaser or any subsequent bearer. If a ticket is sold or used in breach of this condition, the ticket may be cancelled without a refund and the bearer of the ticket may be refused admission.
7. You consent to Stuff and Westpac carrying out filming, sound recording and/or photography at the events as a participant and you consent to the use by Stuff and Westpac of any such recording or photography for promotional, marketing and other purposes.
8. Use of the registration platform (Roller) and the Stuff.co.nz website is subject at all times to Stuff’s standard terms and conditions of use which can be viewed here http://www.stuff.co.nz/about-stuff/10647764/Websit...
10. Stuff and Westpac will not be liable for any loss or damage (including consequential loss or damage, loss of profits, loss of revenue or loss of savings) which may be suffered or incurred or which may arise directly or indirectly in respect of participation in the Women of Influence events.
12. All conditions and warranties which may be implied by law into these Terms are excluded except to the extent that it would be unlawful to do so. You agree that to the extent that you are acquiring goods or services under these Terms for the purposes of a business, the guarantees provided under the Consumer Guarantees Act 1993 shall not apply to Stuff and Westpac’s supply of such goods and services.
13. To the extent permitted by law, you will indemnify Stuff and Westpac against any costs, losses and damages and will, at your cost, defend or settle any claim suit, action or proceeding brought against Stuff and/or Westpac arising from: (a) any breach of these Terms by you; and (b) your participation in the events.